Dressing Windows

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm trying to get the main floor finished first.  That includes drapery.  I have to admit that I'm not very confident when it comes to sewing my own drapes.  It's tricky because there is just so much fabric involved.  That being said, we need longer than average drapes and I want a specific fabric and finish, so finding what I'm looking for won't be very easy.  I'd most likely have to have something custom made.  So I'm taking it upon my self to make the drapes for the kitchen and family room.  Then it will be time to tackle the living room and dining room.

Here are a few pics of what the family room currently looks like:

we originally planned on hanging the tv above the fireplace, now, we're not so sure. love the stone!

pillows I recently picked up from Homesense and I found some beautiful linen pillows to place behind these for extra comfort

setting it up (those are the old pillows)

another Homesense score, love the detail on the top


I ventured out to a local fabric store today in search for a beautiful solid linen, which is what I want to use for the family room drapes.  To me, linen is natural, soothing and organic.  I really want the family room to be a comfortable, relaxing room and feel that linen drapes will help create that type of environment.

I spotted this fabric and immediately fell in love:



To boot, it was on sale, only $8 a meter!  I'll be heading back there tomorrow to see if they have enough now that I've plugged all of the numbers and know how much I'll need.

These ones are pretty full, I probably won't make mine as full, but it gives you an idea as to the style I'm going for.  I may also add some sheers, but we'll see.

More sneak peeks to come!  I can't wait to share the final reveal....but it will be a while before we're all done!

Cheers,

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas