Holiday Entertaining Beverage Inspiration - Mint Tea Julep Mocktail

Monday, November 3, 2014



I have to be totally honest.  I am far from being the hostess with the mostess.  It's the truth, but I'm determined to change that.  I'm ordering Camille's book, I'm going to test a few appetizers and I'm going to be ready to invite people over this holiday season.  Yes. I. Am.

This includes beverages, of course.  What's party without a delicious bevvie to sip on between conversations?  Or during conversations.  Whichever you prefer!  I won't judge.

So when Nestea sent over a bunch of mocktail & cocktail recipes that are absolutely perfect for fall & winter months (iced tea in the fall & winter months...who knew?!), I figured it was my chance to prep for the upcoming holiday season by testing a few out!

First up, a delicious mocktail recipe (no worries, I will also share the cocktail version incase you are yearning for a beverage that contains liquor).

The Mint Tea Julep Mocktail is light, sweet and quite frankly, so delicious.  I am sure that your guests will be giving you two thumbs up!




 





The recipe is easy to follow and the ingredients are easy to find (super big plus).

Mint Tea Julep Mocktail
(serves one)

1 oz NESTEA reduction 
(to make reduction, bring 1 cup of Nestea to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot until liquid reduces)
1 oz sparkling water
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 mint sprig
crushed ice

Directions

muddle chopped mint in bottom of glass
add reduction & sparkling water
stir
fill to brim with crushed ice
garnish with mint
enjoy!

**For Cocktail version, simply replace the sparkling water with 1 oz of Bourbon**

I only made the one serving but I can see this being the perfect drink to set up on a bar cart, allowing your guests to serve themselves.  Print the directions on a gorgeous piece of paper with a stunning font, garnish the table with some mint leaves and beautiful glasses.  Perfection!

Let me know if you give this a try!

Cheers,

*Nestea generously provided the cans of Nestea and a mixology kit for me to use to make the drinks, they did not request a post.  I just really enjoyed the beverage and wanted to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas