Where To Begin

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Okay, a little more time on my hands to catch up. So really, how have you all been? How has your summer been so far? I'm finding it hard to believe that it's almost over. I know, cup half full, not half empty, but I still can't help thinking about all of this summer fun coming to and end.

We have enjoyed a fabulous summer over here. I met my husband in Hawaii mid July for a week. It was simply amazing! I enjoyed every minute of it. Walking along the main strip, going to the beach, touring the island in a rental car and sitting by the pool doing absolutely nothing. He had to work almost the entire time I was there, but that didn't bother me. The solitude was fabulous. I missed the kids, but I enjoyed the time alone with my husband, it's been a long time since we last had time alone together.

Four days after I returned from Hawaii, we packed up the car and drove out to Ottawa (a 28 hour trek). My mum was kind enough to fly from Ottawa to Winnipeg to help with the kids since my husband was in Hawaii until the end of the month. I was simply amazed by how well the drive went. The kids were angels, the dog also handled it well. We made it there in two days, fabulous! My husband met us there and finally, after three long weeks were together again as a family! Yay!

It was something else getting to see all of our high school friends again. Time passes quickly.

We are now back home and we are enjoying another week of having my husband here with us before he goes back to work.

I am simply amazed by how much I learned about myself during this trip. I've learned to appreciate, I've learned to slow down and I've learned to take the time to take a step back and re-evalute. I've learned that I'm very happy with the life I live and that I need to show that a little more. It's a good thing to take a step back every once and a while to reflect....and to get away, I'm honestly amazed at the new perspective I have and that the only thing that has changed is me. Everything else is still the same, I've just been given a new perspective and for that, I am thankful and grateful.

As for the shop, I started to sew again last night. Gosh, it feels good to sew! I'm heading to the fabric store today to stock up. I hope to get the shop up and running by the beginning of Sept. I have new items to share with you and a feature that I'm so honoured and thrilled about, in the works (thank you to the featurer for being so very patient with me, you're such a gem!).

It's been a good summer, a great summer, a priceless summer over here and for that, I'm forever thankful!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas