Birthday Surprise

Monday, January 31, 2011

A few weeks ago my girlfriend celebrated her bday.  I knew I wanted to make her something and decided to go with a zip pouch/clutch.  She loved it which I was absolutely thrilled about!

Then a week later, a group of us military wives were getting together for a goodbye lunch.  Again, I knew I wanted to make the leaving member of our group a gift, so I made her a zip pouch/clutch out of her favourite fabric since my other girlfriend enjoyed hers so much.  Well, it was once again well received (wish I had taken some photos of it).

So it got me thinking,

why did I ever stop selling these?  

That's right, they used to be available in the shop.

This is what I've been up to the past week.  Designing and putting together prototypes, I'm happy to say that I'm almost there.  There is still something that isn't right, or not quite right, so I'm taking my time, waiting until I feel that I have the perfect design.

Here's a peek of what I've come up with so far (please excuse the poor photos, that's another challenge, trying to come up with a unique way to display the items in photos).




As you can see the first one has a strap, giving you a few different carrying options and uses for the clutch.  These beauts could be used to organize your purse (clutch without strap) or you could use it as a purse when you only need to carry a few items around.

Look for these to be available in the shop in the next couple of weeks!

In other news, did you see the there are new Fabric Ruffle Notecards available in the shop?  A lovely way to write a little message!

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Why did you quit listing those? So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good question, not sure why...seems kind of silly to me now! they're going to be making a comeback though! thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you're making these again! Love that one up on top! It's so perfect for a night out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas