A Week?!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I can not believe that it's been an entire week since I last posted! Oh goodness, time flies!

Okay, let's do a little recap shall we?  This week has been full of decorating, which is so very exciting!  We have been in this house for four years now and it's gotten to the point that I no longer want to just wait for the decorating to happen.

So I took hubs and the kiddos out to different stores to purchase what we needed/wanted.  This included two mirrors, one for the living room, another for the dining room.  The dining room mirror proved to be a tough one to find, we've literally been looking for months.  We wanted a large one to hang horizontally, but goodness, they are either super duper expensive, or the ones that hang vertically and you think you can change to hang horizontally aren't made well enough to do that to (they warp....talking from experience).  I can't tell you how thankful I am to have a HomeSense here, I LOVE HomeSense.  Great prices and fabulous finds!  We purchased both mirrors from there along with some decorative pieces for the floating shelves we installed (three)!

Another project that I've been stalling on was converting our living room drapes from grommet to pinch pleat.  I finally took the plunge, bought all of the supplies and hopped to it.  I'll be blogging about the process next week sometime once all is said and done.  Right now I do have one panel finished and I'm pretty happy with the end result!  Here's a sneak peek (please don't mind the poor photo, they do look much better than this....but it gives you an idea)


So the house is coming along.  We have a few more thing we'd like to do in the next month or so...painting the living room, changing drapery hardware in the kitchen and adding some new window treatments to the dining room bay window, but those things can wait a bit.

I need to get back to working on the shop.  I have received a shipment of supplies, so I can get one set of Wedding Clutches listed.  Hopefully they will be in the shop by the end of next week.  I also have a new fabric & sequin combo clutch to list.  Here's a look at it:





We are now on March break!  Wahoo for sleeping in and just relaxing!  I'm so happy that we're supposed to have relatively great weather.  We've decided to stick around here instead of going to MN.  We plan to go bowling, check out a few museums and to just...hang out!  Should be fun!

How is everyone doing? Any big plans for this weekend? Any projects to add to the Project Make It Flickr Pool?  I'll be adding my drapes soon!

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. How fun! You are such a talented mom! Enjoy your March break and I'm looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your full drape post. Love the new clutch! So springy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas