Seeing Red....In A Good Way

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I have to admit that I don't use too many, if any red fabrics in my shop.  I've had a few prints with red in them, but it's definitely not a colour that I work with often.

I've had a red zipper sitting in my zipper pile just waiting to be used.  I hummed and hawed and tried to pair it with several different fabrics, but it just didn't look right.  So it sat, ever so patiently and waited.  Then it dawned on me that perhaps I could pair it with a solid khaki twilled cotton.

Well, I did just that and here you have it!






Now I don't have anymore red zippers, so this one is going to be a one of a kind!  Look for it in the shop later today!

The wedding line is a go! I'm so excited about this.  I've ordered the supplies needed and should have the first batch of listings up in the next two to three weeks!

We are enjoying some lovely weather today!  It's wonderful to not have to wear a bulky winter coat!  Hopefully these warm temps stick around for a bit!

Cheers,

7 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Maybe you should get some more red zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love that touch of red for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! I have to admit, that I was surprised by just how much I loved the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such lovely things! That red and linen combo is stricking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I would have to say that is the perfect pairing! Well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore simple designs that still manage to make a big statement. This is perfection. I Love the zipper!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas