What's Cooking?

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

With falls arrival comes the use of the slow cooker.  Do you use one?  I absolutely love putting ours to use.  I honestly don't think that I've ever had a bad meal when we've used the slow cooker and you can't be the way the house smells while the slow cooker is doing it's job.  The aromas are always so drool worthy!

We had a busy day yesterday, so I planned ahead and decided to use the slow cooker to cook supper.  I gave this recipe a try for the first time and seriously, it did not disappoint!


I have to admit, it's the first time that I've ever cooked a whole chicken.  I've cooked turkeys for holidays and such, but never chicken and never in the slow cooker. You can usually choose between cooking your meals on high or low when using the slow cooker, but there wasn't the option with this recipe (although you could probably cook it on high if you wanted to). Low is the way, but really, I think that's a good thing.

The chicken was literally falling apart because it was cooked to perfection.  I'm guessing you can easily switch out the paprika for other spices or herbs and they will give you wonderful end results as well.  I also loved that there was a good amount of juices at the bottom of the crockpot.  I poured them into a container and threw it in the fridge to use another time.

I wish I had some after pictures to share, but alas, it was gone before we knew it!

Cheers,

5 comments:

  1. Was it sludgy on the bottom? I always roast mine but want to try slow cooker.
    Roast chicken is about the easiest thing to make on earth and so delicious. I learned last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, we didn't find it to be overly sludgy. the recipes tells you to make three balls out of tinfoil and to place them in the bottom of the crock pot, that may help reduce the sludginess?

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas