This House.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Seriously, it's nearly at a standstill, decorating wise.  I thought I was back on track, but nope...I haven't made any progress.  I'm hoping that this post will give me what I need to get going again.

My heart...I love it! I've been thinking about this room a lot, mainly because of the painting.  We need a larger painting for above the couch in the family room as the ceilings are 9'.  I want it to be on the lighter side because the couches are brown leather.  I just think that this one is perfect.

The family room is the closest to being finished.  We already have the couches and chairs as well as a 8x10 shag rug, wooden coffee table and glass nesting tables.  Just need a few more pieces to finish the room off.

For the living room, I want more elegance. I mean, just look at our dining room light (the dining room and living room are together, one long rectangular room):


 and the unforgettable gold mirror: 


Le sigh, I know......  

I see two fabric chairs flanking the gold mirror once hung (perfect sidetable to go beneath mirror) and then a fab cabinet, perhaps mirrored, with beautiful black accents, on the opposite wall.  Pair those with the bone coloured leather couch that is already in there:


 and a gorgeous coffee table and there you have it...the living room furniture.  As for art and window treatments, ideas are there, but I'll share later.

Inspiration for the living room comes from Sarah's House 4, good heavens that house!  Honestly.  And we can't forget the other inspiration pics I pulled together a little while ago.

Okay, then there is the upstairs nook that I spoke about before:


Plan is to replace the stuff that is currently filling the space, with a bench, perhaps this grey-ey/blue velvet one:


Fill it with an abundance of gorgeous pillows and voila!  A welcoming space for the kids to cuddle up with a book under the natural light.  Plus, enough room for all three of them = no fighting over who gets to sit there.

And for no other reason but to share, check out this chair that I spotted while in Ottawa.  It is the perfect shade of purple. Yum.


Remember the dresser that I refinished?  This one:


Well, the mirror still isn't up which is why you haven't seen a reveal of everything yet.  Now I'm thinking I'm going to hold off even longer because I am still dying to try to convert our wooden headboard to a fabric one.  I've ordered some linen samples from Tonic Living and am loving the dark one on the far left:


Our bedding is all white except for the throw/decorative pillows.  I need to get that done and then I can do a reveal of the two projects together.

Then there is this fabric that I ordered (again from Tonic Living) almost right after we moved in:


It's sitting here, untouched.  I can't for the life of me find the pedal to my sewing machine.  So I'll have to take another good look for it.  I have all of the supplies, the plan is to make a roman blind for the window above the sink.  Another reason for the stall....I'm not sure if I want to go with it anymore.

Yes, seriously.

I planned all along to get/make linen drapes (using a solid coloured linen) for the family room which is off of the kitchen, nearly open concept off of the kitchen.  So now I'm thinking that perhaps I should use the same fabric for the window in the family room and for the sliding patio door (in kitchen) and window above the sink.

Most indecisive person eva!  That's me.

The good news, if I plan to go that route, the fabric pictured above could be used to make pillows.  So no loss there.

Now, that's just a few of the "to do's".  The kitchen needs a backsplash and the basement, I'm not even thinking about it yet!

There you have it.  My ideas, floating around the internet, for the world to see, but more so for me to keep on track.  To remember my visions for these rooms and to tweak as necessary.  To come back to and remember what it is I want for each room.

Now, I need to keep in mind that I've been shopping at basically one store for everything.  I think a trip to Toronto is highly necessary to get some key pieces.  I'm totally ready to get rid of pieces that are already in the house to make room for new ones.  Pieces that I may have just "settled" for or that were "good enough" at the time.  We'll see.

Cheers,

7 comments:

  1. That gold mirror is gorgeous! and interior decorating is always a work in progress :)

    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jen! I am in love with it, so excited to have it in our home! You're so right about decorating and I'm trying to remind myself of that more often. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

      Delete
  2. We’re a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with helpful info to paintings on. You’ve done a formidable activity and our entire group can be thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adore the space in the first shot and that fabulous nook - can't wait to see what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this mirror is the best score evah! So jealous and lusty for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas