One Step Closer!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First, thank you everyone for your kind words re: yesterday's post! Hugs to you all!

I can't even begin to tell you the amazing feeling I get when I've finally figured out the solution to a design problem.  I've been pondering the zip clutch I posted here.  There was something that just wasn't right.  I liked it, but I didn't love it.

So I stepped away from the sewing machine, and took some time to think about what it was that I didn't quite like.

Last night, I came up with ways to tweak the design ever so slightly.  Well, those slight changes made a huge difference!

Here is the new version:

rounded the bottom corners and added an inch to the width

 made the strap a little stiffer

added sequins to the ruffle 

all zipped up!

peek of the interior

I like the simplicity, the function and the versatility of this clutch.  I like the organic feel of the twill tape and the glam of the sequins.

This is only one of a couple of options that I will offer. I  may even keep the previous design (still rounded corners, but no sequins on the ruffle), I haven't yet decided....will once again take some time to debate.

One step closer!

Cheers,

7 comments:

  1. so awesome girl! i mean -- seriously stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, lovely! great tweaks, julie. so subtle, but make a huge difference! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ladies are awesome, thank you so much for your feedback!

    I'm honestly giddy about this clutch, can't wait to list them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by!!! I love this clutch!!!! Very cute! P.s. I am also a military spouse :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to see you Ashley! Always fun to meet another military spouse! Many thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this one! I think you tweaked it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas