And Sometimes

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why, hello! And how are you doing?

Oh goodness it's been a while since I've posted or at least it feels that way.  Things have been a little crazy around here to say the least.  My husband was away for a bit, so that along with our regular everyday schedule plus me trying to fill up the shop with new items has left me a weeeeeeee bit tired.  Oy!

It's amazing how life can all of a sudden go from one extreme to the next.  Feeling wonderful and absolutely invincible to feeling 100% completely vulnerable.  As you know I'm trying to get the name elliven out there, and it can be tough when people don't love your items as much as you do.  I know this is inevitable, I mean, I don't love everything that money can buy, so I shouldn't and can't expect everyone to love my creations.  What's important is that 

I continue to do what I love and to stay true to myself

because there are people who do and who will love what I make.  So I'm constantly reminding myself of this right now,  however believing it can be much easier said than done.  But, doubt is not allowed.  

That being said, I also have to remind myself to take breaks.  When frustration looms, step back.  When fatigue plagues me, take a breather.  It won't hurt the shop, if anything it will do the exact opposite.

So I'm going to take a day or two to breathe....no sewing, perhaps I will get to listing some items from the craft show that never made it to the shop or perhaps I'll being to pair some fabrics for new items.

I will be working on some more sequin and ruffle skinny clutches and wristlets next.  

I'm also totally thrilled to have listed a skinny clutch made with the new Lecien fabric.  Did you see it?  You can find it here!  Perfect for spring.

So, what have you been up to?  

Cheers,

PS Don't forget to enter the giveaway over at Abby's blog for a mini elliven pouch!

5 comments:

  1. Breaks are good and needed. Sometimes you get a break and you see it as a set back at the time just to find out down the road it was a blessing.

    As long as you love what you do, you will find time and passion for it.

    Chasing dreams are hardwork, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so well put, thank you. I can tell that I need a break, so I'll take one, may only need a day or so, but like you said, it will be well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your post! it's so true about loving what you do and staying true to yourself. it will pay off and you will be a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to take breaks and make sure you are giving your creative mind a breather! Elliven is looking amazing by the way! All your new items are so much fun!
    Happy weekend!
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jennifer and Anna. It's amazing how much better I feel even today having taken only a day off. Completely rejuvenated! Thanks for your positive feedback Anna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas