Pretty Fancy!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Happy weekend, friends!

I honestly think that all of the snow will be gone by the end of the weekend.  The climate is so very different here than in Winnipeg, it's kind of nice, but feels so "off".  We lived in the prairies for 7 years and one gets used to the prairie winters and blizzards and frigid temps in that time.  To be able to see the grass, to no longer have to wear the heaviest of heavy layers is nice, but just feels so weird!

Anyhow, how are you all doing? Big plans for the weekend?  Last week we focused on getting the house organized and tidying up a bit.  I really need to get that roman shade finished (the one for the kitchen window).  I think I'm going to make curtains for the patio doors which are off of the kitchen eating area, with the same fabric.  Why do I procrastinate so very much? I mean, I have a slew of things that need to get done around the house yet I'm focusing on everything but them! ha!

With that, I wanted to share a picture of a cocktail table that has taken my breath away.  I love, love, love it!  I believe it's due to be in stores sometime in April.  I'm guessing it will cost more than I can afford, but we'll see.

Isn't she lovely? I think she would be absolutely perfect for the living room, no?

I also went to what I thought was an antique shop, but turned out to be a thrift shop last week to look at a table.  The table was a total score at $29!  I had two places that I thought I could use it in the house, beside the couch in the living room or in the family room as a tv stand.  It's ended up in the family room and is the perfect addition to the space:


I love the lines, that it's wood and how versatile it is.  Total score and oh so pretty.

Speaking of pretty things, I also picked up this crystal ice jar (maybe from the 40s or 50s?) from the same thrift store (along with some milk glass vases, I die, gorgeous).  I'm no pro, I could be totally wrong, but it's stunning and is perfect for holding these lovely flowers.


We were also lucky enough to inherit some of hubs Grandmother's gorgeous china.  I enjoyed a delicious cup of tea in one of them yesterday, fancy is so much more fun.


Cheers,

 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas