Just Like That

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, here we are....I've finished my very first yarn wreath!

I'm so thrilled with how it turned out, just had to share!





I knew that when I started Project Make It that I would be challenging myself to actually get some of the DIYs/patterns I have stored away done.  What I didn't realize was how great I would feel making something totally different than anything I've made before.  I honestly feel that by making this wreath,

I have filled a creative void

Sounds so silly, but it's true!

I'm happy that I started with this particular project, because it's very forgiving.  It also taught me that perfection isn't always best.  The slight imperfections add character to the wreath.  The flowers are imperfectly cut, the wreath is imperfectly wrapped, but I love it more because of that!

Okay, that's one!  I think my next project will be the pillows....you can find the link to the tutorial here.

What are you making for yourself/your home as part of Project Make It 2011?

Shared this wreath at Mique's Pity Party!
Come see!




Cheers,

8 comments:

  1. The wreath turned out lovely and what a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! so fun to make....definitely worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. Julie! The wreath turned out so beautifully. You've inspired me :)
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you C! you definitely have to give it a try! I really enjoyed making it (already started #2)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath. Did you have a kit to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much! I used the tutorial listed here: http://ellivenstudio.blogspot.com/p/project-make-it-list.html and bought supplies at Michaels (using the 40% off coupon!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I love the color combo so much!
    Thanks for linking up to my Pity Party!
    xo,
    Mique

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited to have you here Mique and totally love your pity party! thanks for stopping by and your wonderful comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas