Shop Update - Upcoming Changes

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hello friends!

So yesterday I mentioned that I had some shop news to share with you, and so here it is.

After a very long debate and many calculations, I have come to realize that things in regards to pricing in my shop are going to have to change.  I've tried to figure out a way to not have to do this, but unfortunately, if I want my shop to succeed (which I do) and if I want it to grow (I do) and if I want to continue to make quality items (absolutely) there really is no other way to go.

This truly isn't easy for me, but I have come to accept that it is something that needs to be done.  Costs of supplies and materials have unfortunately increased over the past couple of months.

My goal has always been to make affordable pieces, and will continue to be, but I also want the shop to survive.

The price increase won't come into effect until May 1st.  I wanted to give you a heads up rather than one day just raising the prices out of the blue.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. it's okay! girl's gotta make money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. julie, i understand your struggle completely, but you are so right, in order to grow and sustain your business, some price changes are inevitable! this is the way of our industry, especially with rising supply costs [cotton has gone up quite a lot!]. Good for you for realizing this and not having your business suffer in the future by not acting on it. your work is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas