Snow Day!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Oh.my.word.

Folks, that was an insane amount of snow.  Nemo was no joke!  I can't for the life of me remember this much snow falling within 24hrs (I'm guessing that's because if it did happen when I was a kid that I saw it as being awesome because I didn't have to shovel any of it! ha).

So yes, lots of snow.  We went from being able to see our driveway and lawn to being literally knee deep in white stuff.  By mid day we realized that they weren't kidding. Nemo was ready to pack a punch and did just that.  I shovelled three times in one day (personal record there).  The kids and I headed over to our friends house to shovel her driveway because she's pregnant and her hubs was away.  It ended being so much fun, despite the crazy amount of snow that was falling on us.  I think a huge part was the it wasn't terribly cold, phew!

It was so nice to see those neighbours who own slow blowers out doing other neighbours driveways, without even being asked.  So awesome.

Anyhow here are a few pics from our weekend snow-a-thon!

 our deck about midway through the day. it was snow free the day before!

this made me smile.  a group of kids ventured out to play pond hockey during the thick of the storm and they were having an absolute blast! 

the morning after

enjoying some homemade chocolate chip cookies and milk after some fun in the snow on the newly recovered chairs!

Speaking of chairs, I felt like something was "off" with the new table set up.  So I placed my Better Homes and Gardens flowers (from Walmart) as a centerpiece and tada, love it!  I have to be honest.  I wasn't too sure about the chairs at first, but now I'm loving them.  I'll be heading the Fabricland today to buy some more fabric to cover the last two chairs.

a touch of pink and everything looks better!

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. I love getting out there with the kids! The best part is hot chocolate with marshmellows after:-0 BTW the chairs look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like ya'll gave nemo the business! great way to spend the time. atlanta doesn't have many days like this (with snow).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas