Life Lately 9.5.16

Monday, May 9, 2016

I found that by the end of last year that I was finally getting into a groove with the house.  It's taken me quite a while to figure things out, and I have a lot to learn and to still figure out, but I'm super happy with the progress as of late, especially in the family room!

We are expecting a super exciting install today, I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are about this (fingers crossed it goes ahead as planned).  As a result, we moved the wine curio from the kitchen into the family room.  It's funny how you can dislike a piece so much, but then once it's moved into a new spot, you fall in love with it all over again!  You can read the story about it here.


The tulips in our garden decided to open up on Mother's Day and I couldn't have been more pleased!  Our gardens will soon be filled with pops of pink and purple!


I love nothing more than to walk around the yard every day come spring to see what's growing.  The gardens change so quickly this time of year!  It brings a smile to my face to see the trees blooming, such a beautiful sight!


Another change in the family room.  This room I tell ya!  I've been eyeing these lamps for years....years!!!  I finally had enough and picked a pair up last week (found in the clearance section, woot!).   Here's the lesson, just buy the lamps that you really want instead of compromising.  I did the latter and you know what, in the end, I spent more money buying several lamps that I never loved.


Be sure to follow along on Instagram to see updates like the ones above!  Have a lovely Monday, friends!

Cheers,

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas