Weekend Recap - A new Show, Fashion and Instagram

Tuesday, August 8, 2017



I know it's Tuesday, but it was a long weekend here, so it kind of feels like Monday!

I can't believe that hubs' holidays are almost over, we've enjoyed this precious family time so so much!  The weather wasn't exactly fabulous all weekend, but that gave us a chance to tackle some chores in the house that have been on our to-do list for some time.  I've had my eye on the entry for a while and decided it was time for a little refresh.  I swapped out the round ottoman and brought this vintage chair (that used to belong to hub's grandparents) from my workspace.  I had two chairs in my office, one of which very rarely was used, so I placed it at my desk.

Love the new look!  We also hung the mirror to make more space.  I mentioned on instagram that open baskets seem to be the best solution for the boys' hats, baseball gloves, etc.  I chose one (from HomeSense) that had some great weaving.


I went for a run this weekend instead of doing a circuit.  I was feeling great, so I went a few km's further than I had originally planned.  It was a beautiful morning and this moment was worthy of stopping to take a picture!

I watched "Taste of Country" on Netflix this weekend (only just discovered it) and immediately fell in love with the series.  What I didn't realize is that it was the same spot that my good friend, Thalita had just recently visited and that it's located here in Ontario!  South Pond Farms is owned and run by Danielle French.  She's done an amazing job creating a beautiful setting for weddings and other functions.  I love love love how she clips fresh blooms (a dream of mine to be able to do the same) and delicious veggies and fruits right from her own gardens.  What she doesn't have, she tries to source from neighbouring farmers.  Honestly, such a great (and refreshing) series!  More here.


There has been a lot of buzz happening on Instagram lately.  In short, it can be extremely discouraging and frustrating to see very little growth when you're busting your butt.  I appreciate Erin for bringing to light the fact that not everyone believes in authenticity and as a result, not everyone's numbers are a true reflection of hard work.  Knowing and understanding this is huge for those of us who have been feeling discouraged and defeated lately.

Hop on over to Erin's post to read more about this movement (Gaby also wrote a great post).  She brings to light that you need to focus on what you're doing and how important it is to not compare your growth to others.  As long as your posting about what you love, and what's true to you, you'll make it!  (I know that it's easier said than done, trust me).

On that note, many have noticed I've chosen to include more fashion in my feed.  This is something that I'm truly passionate about (I've loved fashion since I was a kiddo) and a decision that I thought long and hard about.  I'll continue to share home decor inspiration, but this change is one that I've been wanting to make for a long long long time.  I thank you so very much for continuing to follow along as I switch gears ever so slightly, I truly appreciate your support!

I have some super exciting posts coming up this week!  Looking forward to sharing, stay tuned!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. You can choose on who can view your story by clicking on the three dots in the bottom right corner and selecting "Story Settings".https://medijo.lt

    ReplyDelete
  2. buy instagram like for your Instagram Business profile, I just bought it for one time now I'm also used to of it..thanks for being here with me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is extremely important for you to have a clear understanding of why you needed to build your social community. There are so many reasons but each one is important and each one should be in your head at all times.instagram growth

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get supporter/s, don't bashful away to remain locked in. Always post noteworthy substance which your supporters discover important to their advantage and business.Organic Instagram growth service

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas