Shipping From Home

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I received a lovely comment the other day from a fellow Etsian and she mentioned how she ships her items from home and how much easier it is than going to the post office. I am now contemplating shipping my items from home too. That was a big stress for me, wanting to get my items out ASAP and trying to coordinate a time of day to go to the post office that would work with our schedule, a problem I'm sure many of you have.

So my question to you is....do you ship from home? How do you find that process? Anyone in Canada shipping from home? Do you use stamps or the labels from Canada Post/Paypal/USPS? Have you had any problems?

I'd love some feedback. I'm heading out to buy a scale today (because it's 60% off), just incase I decide to start doing my shipping this way.

And speaking of this little ol shop of mine, I'm at a crossroad of some sort. I'm trying to figure out just what it is I want from this shop and where I want to go to. Well, I know where I want it to go, but I just don't know what steps to take next or how much I can handle right now. I have dreams, I have visions, I aspire to be. I'm scared, it's true, I have to admit it. I'm scared that I'll get in over my head or that I will look silly because I don't know "it all" right now, I'm still a rookie. I have a lot of research to do, a lot of resourcing and reading. I think I'm ready.....I think I am.

UPDATE: Just found out that I was able to get a table at a local craft show! Yay! Look for the link on the right hand side of my blog under "Find Me" if you're interesting in checking it out!

I've also figured out a solution to my shipping situation. I've gone ahead and purchased a lettermail template from Canada Post as well the scale I mentioned above. Now I can make sure that my packages aren't too thick and aren't over the weight limit all from my studio. This now means that I can then put them in a mailbox on my own with the appropriate postage rather than having to trek over to the PO. Yay!!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I ship from home. I use Endicia but not sure if it has a Canadian version and/or counterpart. I used PayPal but wanted something that worked internationally. Good luck! It really has made my life easier and less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Thanks so much for stopping by. I haven't heard of Endicia, I'll take a peek to see if they work with Canada Post. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas