Package Pretty!

Monday, February 8, 2010

There is absolutely nothing like receiving a purchased item in the mail that has been beautifuly packaged. I am always excited when it comes to packaging up sold items, thinking of how the person receiving the package will feel when they open up the parcel.

Ever since I switched my shop over to the new name, I've been trying to come up with a new way to package items. The Etsy Packaging Flickr Pool is a place that is full of inspiration!

I finally had some time to get a few prototypes put together and I'm so excited about how they turned out. I'm still waiting for a few embellishments to arrive (deco tape, ribbon, etc) and to finalize some stickers I'm creating. This is what I've got so far, so they aren't fully complete. The deco tape will be used to seal the envelope shut. This isn't a mailing envelope, these will slide into a poly bag, but I'm sure you could mail them this way if you wanted to.

I'm debating on whether or not I should offer these in my shop. They are seriously soooo much fun to make, and a fab way to use up fabric remnants, as well as kraft paper remnants from when we were shipping parcels at Christmas. Not to mention, it's a lovely way to put a smile on the recipients face! I have several different sizes including gift card size! Perfect way to give a gift card present!












So we'll see where this goes, but as I said, they are a lot of fun to make!

Cheers,

8 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I love using fabric scraps! I use them as they get smaller and smaller they finally end up as stuffing!

    Very pretty! I hand paint my envelopes. Not all are hand painted, but most. Whenever I paint an item I use the rest of the paint from my pallet on the envelopes or boxes.

    Have a wonderful day!


    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them. Your envelopes sound like they would be lovely! What a great idea.
    I can't wait to get the rest of the items so that I can finish these ones off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is lovely! This idea is sooo cute!
    Happy to follow:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna thank you so much for stopping by and for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Chelsea! I'm excited about them....lots of fun and I have an idea as to how to add them to the shop. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good blog it is very interesting thanks for sharing information
    custom corrugated packaging

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate your article. Your article contains useful information which improves my knowledge. The custom box packaging facilitates you with the finest quality
    Homemade Soap Packaging

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas